Wednesday, 12 December 2012

A quick update


Hi again,

I thought I'd update on a handful of things that have happened since I last wrote. First 2 quick ones:

1) 2nd tab ahoy..

Eeeeee!

I've been a blue for a year and a half now and the second tab was the reassurance and motivation I needed to know I was progressing. I know I've improved since getting my blue, but it's nice to know that your coach knows that too.



2) I got a freakin' WAVE


I've been wanting to get my hands on one of these since I saw the preview pictures. Honest opinion- It's the best gi I've ever worn. Now, I know I'm sponsored by Scramble and some people are going to assume I'm biased, but I'm not a liar. Nor am I brainwashed. I'm perfectly capable of making my own decisions. If I didn't think this was the best gi ever, I'd say "Yeah, it's really... nice. The rashguard is perdy". But I'm not, it's genuinely the best fitting, best designed, comfiest gi to roll in I own.

Despite the (awesome) rashguard lining, it's still SO light! I'ts almost as light as my rio koi, which is crazy light. Because of the lining I'm limited for where I could put patches. But, if there's a will, there's a way...


Representin'




So yeah. Awesome gi, I'm not a biased jerk. What was next?..



3) I was in Jiu Jitsu Style!


Well, sorta. A few pictures from the recent Roberto "Cyborg" Abreu seminar ended up in the magazine. At the start of the seminar (when everyone was registering their names) Cyborg asked me for a roll. Seymour was on hand to take some shots of me flying through the air, but luckily none of those shots ended up in the magazine. Instead, here I am looking puzzled and tangled up in my own gi sleeve. Faaantastic.




END.

New blog in 2 mins. Exciting news coming..









2 comments:

  1. I've said it before, but you should definitely submit some articles to JJS. You're a good writer, and I would LOVE to see more women writing for JJS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Can. I've mentioned it to Callum before. We are keeping in contact as I've said I'd like to write for JJS. I'll keep you updated! :)

    ReplyDelete